Nothing electronic product can run forever, They always emerge have various problems, and electric scooters are no different, how to fix an electric scooter?
when they have some small problems.
In this article, I will some of the most common problems of electric scooters and how-to repair your electric scooter.
Scooter Not Charging
- Check if you use the correct charger. A charger must have an accurate voltage for your device. If you Using the wrong charger is one reason why the battery doesn’t charge.
- Plug the charger into your electric scooter and power outlet. The indicator light should be green.
- Damage to your electric scooter is another reason why the battery doesn’t charge. you can also, test the battery pack on a scooter that does not run.
- Give charging the battery pack for 8-10 hours.
- Check for battery leak. Over-using or over-charging your electric scooter may cause the battery to develop a leak, this is why the battery doesn’t charge.
Electric scooter runs slowly
- Try charging the battery for 8 hours
- Inspect the motor.
- Inspect by sight, touch, and smell
- Test the voltage of the battery pack
- also, inspect the speed controller and motor
The mileage is less than 5/10/15/20miles
- Test the voltage of the battery pack
- Test the battery pack on a scooter that runs
- Try charging the battery pack for 8 hours
- Replacement battery
Brakes Do Not Function Properly
- Examination the brake pads
- Adjust the brake cable tension
- Maintain the braking system
Although this to fix electric scooter,Important doing regular electric scooter maintenance.
Daily Care and Maintenance
Cleaning and storage
If you see stains on the scooter's body, wipe them off with a damp cloth. If the stains won't scrub off, put on some toothpaste,and brush them with a toothbrush, then wipe them off with a damp cloth.
Notes: do not clean the scooter with alcohol, gasoline, kerosene or other corrosive and volatile chemical solvents to prevent dire damage.
Do not wash the board with a high-pressure water spray. During cleaning, make sure that the scooter's turned off, the charging cable is unplugged, and the rubber flap is closed as water leakage may result in electric shock or other major problems.When the scooter not in use, keep it indoors where it is dry and cool. Do not put it outdoors for a long time.
Excessive sunlight, overheating and overcooling accelerate the battery pack's lifespan．
- Use original battery packs, use of other models or brands may bring about safety issues;
- Do not touch the contacts. Do not dismantle or puncture the casing. Keep the contacts away from metal objects to prevent short circuit which may result in battery damage or even injuries and deaths;
- Use original power adapter to avoid potential damage or fire;
- Mishandling of used batteries may do tremendous harm to the environment. To protect natural environment, please follow local regulations to properly dispose used batteries.
- After every use, fully charge the battery to prolong its lifespan.
Storage and Disposal
- Please try to store the scooter in a cool and dry place between 14℉ and 104℉. In extremely humid environments the interior of the scooter may suffer condensation or even water accumulation, which may damage the battery rapidly.Devices are not intended for use at elevations greater than 2000 m above sea level Prolonged Exposure to UV Rays, Rain and the Elements May Damage the Enclosure Materials, Store Indoors When Not in Use.
- In daily use, try to avoid recharging the scooter after completely exhausting the battery. If the battery is low, charge it as soon as possible.
- Please charge the scooter every other month to preserve the battery.
E-Scooter maintenance is extremely important for both convenience and safety while you are riding, practicing preventative maintenance such as keeping the scooter clean will make fewer repairs needed in the future and will make your e-scooter commuting a more enjoyable experience!